9220: FRAPH reign of terror

From: NLaleau@aol.com

I for one will testify to the reign of terror that FRAPH enforced on the
population of Jeremie in 1993 and 1994. The local thugs that killed
several
people in summer and fall of 1993 were only too happy to throw their
weight
around trying to intimidate people. We followed a group of them to the
FRAPH
headquarters one night after they had kidnapped a young man named Avner
Joseph. They beat him but we were able to obtain his release before the
rope
they had swung over a ceiling beam tightened around his neck. Just barely.
So I guess I don't care what the "courts of law" have or haven't said so
far,
I know what happened, and so do 8,000,000 Haitians and quite a few
thousand
foreigners. --Nancy Laleau