9524: Maurice Sixto (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <MArcher@nchr.org>

Dear Corbetters,

To I am looking for some background information on Maurice Sixto -
particularly with respect to his activism with restavek children in Haiti .
If you know of any sources - please let me know.  I am interested in finding
out how he became interested in the issue, what kind of involvement, when he
recorded Ti Saintanise, etc.  Also, a 1990 article in the Miami Herald
(Debbie Sontag) mentioned that this recording had a great impact on
"educated Haitians living in exile" and would be very interested in hearing
any personal accounts of that experience.

Mesi davans,

Merrie Archer