9568: The Feast of All Saints

From: Dwillautho@aol.com

This movie was based on the book by Ann Rice and as a historian of AFrican
American culture and with extensive research on the gens de couleur (free
people of color), I thought it was actually done nicely.  The movie was
very
close to the book.  Of course some details were left out.  I think it is
nitpicking to criticize the accents.
This movie was about the system of placage and how that system was a
failure
and not to be glamourized.  They did a fine job of casting.  That rape
scene
obviously was not voudoo, but an act of vengeance and evil.
For more information about the history of the African Creoles or Creoles
of
Color go to:
http://www.gensdecouleur.com/