9506:Re: Haitian Proverbs (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

?Kreyon Bondye pa gen gòm (efaswa)? is usually what I would hear, but we
also have "pawoli" (dealing with rhetoric, idioms, how a proverb can be
modified sometimes and be used as a ?popular idiom? which can confuse
people, in terms of "which" would be the "original proverb") within the
Kreyol language . But "Kreyol pale Kreyol konprann" [spoken Kreyol is
understood]: the semantics would be grasped within context. See more on
?pawoli? at
http://windowsonhaiti.com/bbs/messages/672.html

E.W.Vedrine