9640: Re: 9631: Re: 9633: 18 November 2003 (fwd)

From: Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>

Larry A. Harper, Sr.:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the main point is not having to
repay "debt", but having to pay interest on money that has never been
received.  Are you saying that Haiti should be paying interest on that
"loan" that they have never received and has been held up by various
international financing institutions/governments for "political"
reasons?  Surely that's not what you're saying.  Would you start paying
interest on a personal loan before you have received the money?  I think
not.

Further, as Guy Antoine is asking, when debt is being forgiven to other
destitute countries, why is Haiti's debt not being forgiven??

Bruce Wharram