9725: Re: Combat Corruption- GOH Issues for Ms. Karshan (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

Miss Karshan:

Could you give us more details about the
anti-corruption programs put in place by the GOH.

**For instance, could you address the "APN DOSSIER."
  What is the PM doing about the pension plan of these

  employees who contributed for years?

**Can you also address the issue of the PAP port being

  the most expensive one in the Caribbean? Why is
  that? What services do we offer that would make us
  such?

**What about the latest scandal at the DGI (Direction
  Générale des Impôts) where it would seem that 1
  million gourdes has disappeared?

Like Pierre Jean, I know that corruption exists in
every country in the world, but at least in other
countries I see some things being done with part of
the monies.

In Haiti, if the GOH and its highest rankink officials
were to be investigated, I am sure that the report
would be quite negative.