9773: Re: US AID (fwd)

From: LeGrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that while USAID
does funnel assistance to Haiti, and one the annual decesion terms stated in
another posting, I am given to understand, from the list I saw, that USAID
is not the only source of US government funds going into Haiti. An example
(not on the lists I saw for early 2001) was the Jan-Feb 2000 repair and
electric/plumbig upgrade of a sectarian orphanage near Cap Haitian.  In this
case the assistance was from  US Army construction units.