9796: Re: 9787: Re: 9750: Minokan (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Minokan, Milokan or Midokan means the "invisible and spiritual cord (or
rope)
 that binds all the Lwas". >>

How do we know this?  In what language does Minokan mean "invisible cord
which binds all the lwa"?

Indeed Minokan refers to all the lwa taken together as a group, but I
hesitate to attribute literal meanings to words from other languages.  For
instance, "hounsi" in Fon means "bride of the spirit", but in Vodou a hounsi
is not married to any lwa at all, there is a separate ceremony in which
people marry lwa.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb