9922: Re: 9921: Re: Similarities between a Lavalas and a Taliban spokesman ? (fwd)

From: IRSCP@aol.com

Let me first say this.

I think it is fair to say that the journalist who was killed by Lavalas supporters in Petit-Goave should never have. It is also fair to say that the other gentleman who is now lying in a hospital bed, trying to recover from machetes wounds inflicted upon him by Convergence suppporters, should never have either.

Now, we must remember both cases: a deadly provocation from one side (Convergence supporters), that ended with death on the other side (a supposedly Convergence-partisan/journalist's death). These two cases in one are only the latest examples of the endemic problem with our political system back home. It seems hard for one side to tolerate the other. We think in terms of being each other's politcal and personal enemy, rather than just adversaries in the wonderful game of politics.

In any case, what have been and still are the important issues that effect real people's lives? Are they:

-a still poor and even in some instances, decaying infrastructure;
-a moribond economy;
-poor management of city councils;
-corruption and ways to control it;
-comprehensive education for all, and certainly the least fortunate;
-administration of the country's meager resources;
-closing a negotiated deal between Lavalas and the opposition so we can start bringing some measures of economic and social stability into the country.

Souldn't those be some of the most important issues? The fact of the matter was and still is, that the list of real issues goes on, and on, and on. Unfortunately, everybody wants to be president. So Aristide must go, by whatever means necessary.

Folks, please remember. He only has 4 years and 2 months left in office. After that, he won't be back. So at least smile and think "future" for once. Remember that word, "FUTURE"?

The word of this new century, of the year, of the day in Haitian politics is still what it was over a hundred years ago: the presidency. How sad, so sad for Haiti.

In the meantime, the poor is still poor and even poorer, and the rich lives a luxurious life in the mud. Everyone else in between is hoping for a visa to the United States, or the usual "envoie-moi" (send me some dollars, please). Do we know where we're going? Is there something, or a place called Haiti that we should worry about first? FIRST?

Hyppolite Pierre
IRSP
http://www.irsp.org