9946: Re: 9937: The tension is still high in Petit-Goave-comments (fwd)

From: Jetphire@aol.com

As someone who is in the journalism field, I feel outraged at the events in
Petit Goave.

A Question: Aren't democratic societies supposed to be allowed to challenge
and question ANY political parties? It seems in Haiti that both Lavalas and
the Convergence condemn the killing of Lindor, yet they blame each other AND
also want to get rid of each other. Isn't the idea supposed to be that we all
learn to live WITH each other not just erase those we don't agree with? It's
like a never ending cycle and the following seems to ensure the cycle
continues. It boggles the mind. Haitian leadership from ALL political
parties, it seems, needs to set some standards.

<< While journalists mourn the death of their colleague Lindor, some
Lavalas deputies are attacking the press >>

<<The Democratic Convergence calls for the departure of the Lavalas
regime because of the assassination of Brignol Lindor.>>