9967: Haitian Benefit Concert at Carnegie Hall (fwd)

From: JJEANPIERRE1@aol.com

Mapou Productions, ltd.

    "The Haitian Concert at Carnegie Hall"

For Immediate Release
Sunday, December 13,  2001
Contact:    Lili Cerat
Mapou Productions Ltd.
T. 845.425.6721  F. 845.425.1764

Spring Valley, N.Y.-  Since the dreary events of September 11, 2001,  a great
number of communities and performers have joined forces to raise spirits and
money for the families of those who perished under the rubble of the Twin
Towers.
Although it is commonly known within our community that many of those who
lost their lives that fateful day came from Haiti, in their lists, New York
City and Washington officials as well as the major press have seldom included
those Haitians.   In addition, a great number of those Haitians were
"undocumented" preventing their families from benefiting from Social Security
and most government programs.  Among those who have survived, many  workers
have been since displaced.

On Saturday December 29, 2001, Mapou Productions, Ltd. presents at Carnegie
Hall at 7:00 PM "The Haitian Community Salutes Our Heroes", a benefit concert
featuring: "Kiskeya, The Haitian Orchestra"  with Beethova Obas, Emeline
Michel, Gary French, Jean-Claude Eugène, Michel Pressoir, Voix et Tambours
d'Haiti, Ricardo Frank, Marc Mathelier, La Troupe de Danse Choucoune, Opera
Sopranos Marie-Michèle Sorel and Carline Keil and introducing Francesca
Altema.

Proceeds from this event will go to Brooklyn based The Haitian Centers
Council (HCC) to create a fund helping the families of the Haitians who died
that day as well as the displaced Haitian workers.

This concert will serve as an opportunity to, once more, honor the lives and
memories of all those who passed on at the WTC while recognizing the
Herculean efforts carried out by our firefighters, emergency workers and
police officers.
Tickets are available Carnegie Hall Box Office 212-247-7800 or HCC
718-855-7275###.