9987: State Dept statement and BBC transcript of Metropole (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Contrary to the post of the BBC transcript of a Radio Metropole broadcast
which said that the State Department had said that Aristide had made NO
progress on the 8-points, here is what the State Department really said:

"We also informed the Haitian ministers that the Government of Haiti has not
made sufficient progress in implementing President Aristideâ??s eight-point
commitment to resolve flawed elections, improve counternarcotics cooperation,
strengthen democracy, address security and migration issues, and improve
respect for human rights."

This brings me to the subject of BBC.  I know Charles Arthur had strongly
encouraged them to be more balanced and encourged them to also include
transcripts of Radio Haiti Inter but I rarely if ever see those anymore.
Clearly the BBC transcript I cite here does not accurately reflect the State
Department statements and is grossly misleading. I wonder why BBC has made
the choices it has made.