9989: Re: 9988: La rosee / the dew / what does it mean (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Hello to all, I am looking for some help,
 I often come across the image / word "the dew" or "la rosee" in Haitian
 literature and visual arts. Can someone tell me if there is a certain
 cultural reference for this-is there a meaning beyond the word / image? >>

Yes.

La rosee can have magical properties, known to Houngans and Mambos.

A "shouket lawouze", is a "dew-shaker", an assistant to a military attache.
They are the ones who get up early and walk through the fields and come
to your house in the first light of dawn to beat you up and rape your wife
because you voted for Aristide.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb