a24: Haitian faces 19th century racism today...(Saint-Vil (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Onè,

I am sorry but I must ask some of you why it is so easy for you to beleive
the Haitian Government staged this attack. How would you react, as an
American, if they accused the Bush government of staging the September 11th
attack?

Sometimes, when I read the ease with which, people fall for the 19th century
cliché of «wicked black dictator capable of the most despicable acts», I
lose hope for our humanity.

Are you sure race as nothing to do with these conclusions, ladies and
gentlemen?

By the way, the people some of you are calling «mobs» are my brothers and
sisters. They live in my «slum» of Carrefour-Feuilles. They live in Site
Soley, in Bèlè. They are the ones who took to the streets in 1956 when the
U.S. and its house niggers overthrew the government of Daniel Fignolé. Then,
Magloire massacred so many of them, the history books chose not to give an
clear account. I, personally, was with these «mobs» on January 6, 1991 when
Roger Lafontant tried a coup to overthrow their elected president even
before he took office. I was with them when the CIA -trained FAdH and FRAPH
went to their houses at night and murdered the young men, raped their
sisters - as explained earlier by Mambo Racine. I have video tapes of these
«mobs» of young black men, middle-aged women (street vendors), peasants
coming from the mountains of Mòn Lopital, of Kenskòf, carrying rocks and
tree branches, putting their lives in danger to defend what they beleive is
right. Dear Jeff, if you know not what you are talking about please ask
those who have been there and they will tell you. I still have bullet shells
from the 1991 coup, that I picked up in front of my house, after a night of
terror. My PEOPLE are not MOBS. These empovrished black people are no more
barbaric or mob-like than the angry population that ransacked U.S. cities
during the 60 s because White Supremacy continued to murder their brothers
and sisters in all impunity. You cannot compared them with the drunkened
American or Canadian Hockey fans who ransack downtown stores in Montreal or
Philly, while celebrating their team's victory or loss. No, Jeff, you have
it wrong this time and it hurts greatly. So, I tell it to you like it is.
The Haitian way!

Furthermore, knowing the Haitians in Miami, they did not only point to the
fact that Baby Bush's government is illegally stopping IDB loans to Haiti.
These simple, hard working and brave men and women must have also pointed
out that it is CRIMINAL and illegal for the IRI (International Republican
Institute) to be spending millions of dollars to finance rebels in Haiti.
Imagine the Canadian government distributing money to the Florida Democratic
party to stage street demonstrations against the Republican elected
President, after the debacle of Novembere 2000???. Imagine that violence
breaks as a result....no you can't even imagine it because....?

As it happened in Rwanda, the foreigners plant the seeds of inter-African
hatred and then they wash their hands when the war starts...claiming not to
understand why these MOBS are killing each other.

The President of Haiti has called for all to stop practicing violence. This
MUST go not only for the bear-foot black people in the streets, but also for
the three-piece suited barbaric war-mongers of all colorsrace and creed that
are very much responsible for the current situation.

Haiti will never give up her right to self determination. Face it and deal
with it!

Jafrikayiti
«The most dangerous man in the world is the man who has nothing left to
lose» - Most honourable Malik Shabazz el Shabazz