a42: Re: a29: staged coup attempt ? (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< This "coup Attempt" seems to have been poorly staged by LAVALAS itself.>>

Oh, puh-LEASE.  That is like Osama bin Laden saying that the attacks on the
World Trade Center and the Pentagon were secretly staged by the international
Jewish community in order to garner sympathy.  And just as some people with
pre-determined political affilliations were willing to believe that,
undoubtedly you and Olivier Nadal will believe that this pitiful mini-coup
was staged by the Lavalas administration.

 <<1.-It does not seem logic to me that a "commando" who fail at the
"Penitencier National" (National Jail) would then dare to attack the National
Palace.>>

Of course it makes sense - they were trying to spring the people they thought
would be likely to join their ranks, who were already habituated to violence
and atrocities;  i.e. former Colonel Cenafils Castera and the other people in
prison for politically motivated human rights violations.  Some of these good
old boys still have their little cadres.

<< 2.- Why is it that the offices and residences of members of the
"Convergence Democratique" were burned when Lavalas officials claim that the
coup was headed by Guy Philippe, former Police Chief ?>>

Because the Haitian people are not stupid, and know who is behind all this.

<< 3.- Why is it that Guy Philippe apparently gave the same day an interview
to a local radio station in Miami ?>>

Because he is not stupid either.  This man was accused by eyewitnesses of
killing "Jimmy Poteau" on the Port-au-Prince wharf, which preceded by one day
the Cite Soleil massacre of, umm... May, 1995 I think.  I was in Cite Soleil,
I videotaped the killings.  Guess who was hanging out at the HNP's Inspector
General's office in Pacot when I went up there with the tape?  Why, Guy
Philippe, of course.

He was also present when Manno Charlemagne's armed men shot at demonstrators
outside the Mairie, accidentally wounding his own chief of security.
Apparently it was he who gave the order to fire on the crowd.  This guy is
mixed up in so much evildoing, it's remarkable.  And at one time he was
supposed to head a "municipal police force" for Port-au-Prince, to be funded
by USAID, but he became unpalatable to them.

The more you know, the worse it looks.

 <<It just does not add up. >>

Oh yes it does.

Peace and love,