a72: Re: a59: Double standards (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<<
 It is always saddening, yet never surprising, when sources like the New
 York Times use such language as "Mr. Aristide's
 machete-wielding supporters" without providing any context.  While I
 deeply desire an evolution toward non-violent resistance on the part of
 Haiti's oppressed, I can feel their profound frustration. >>

Yes!  Frustration with his automatic weapon weilding opponents!

And it's not that alone.  They see it as self defense and they are right,
they know exactly what is going to happen to them if the right wing takes
over, and they are not up for anymore arbitrary arrest, torture, rape and
murder.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb