a260: RE: a254: Documenting misery (fwd)

From: "publisher@haitiantimes.com" <publisher@haitiantimes.com>

Lois, first of all, journalists in Haiti are not of the upper or even middle class in Haiti and perhaps that's part of the reasons why they are being harassed, beaten and killed. Second of all, the journalist asked the obvious question and should not assume that he knows the answer and you'd be surprised what quotes or information you get out of ordinary people, including a ti machan. I hope this gives you a small insight on the work of a journalist. I listen to music incessantlly but I don't fancy myself a musician. People who read or watch the news sometimes think of themselves as journalist.

cheers,

garry pierre-pierre