a560: RE: a551: Re a535 Crisis of Confidence in Haiti (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

Olivier Nadal wrote:

"I am very surprised to hear that the Lavalas Government has succeeded in fighting AIDS in Haiti."

Please correctly process the thoughts that I transcribed. Nowhere in my post did I mention that the GOH has succeeded in fighting the AIDS epidemic in Haiti. What I wrote was specifically this:

"One recent example of such is perhaps the story of AIDS in Haiti. Whatever the other causes may be, the GOH has been able to do some very effective work in containing if not curtailing the spread of AIDS in Haiti, winning the
praise of Haitian and foreign institutions in the process."

They are fighting the spread of AIDS successfully, either alone or with the help of other foreign organizations. They have curtailed the spread of the disease. No one so far, not even the United States has been able to "succeed in fighting AIDS", as you put it. That would have implied, at least as I read your post, that AIDS is now a curable disease.

I happen to know just like every one else, that the president's wife is personally involved in the fight against the spread of AIDS in Haiti. So there comes the government in this debate. My overall point was and still is, that the GOH should learn from the administrative savvy of those who are running the AIDS program, and use their applicable techniques for effective managing of the State affairs. This is regardless of who is running the AIDS program.

Now, the Pharval issue is a totally different story that is all new to me and I presume, to virtually the majority of us on this list. With all due respect, that is a separate issue that you should tackle in a different post.