a674: Gerard Dumont - Where is he ? (fwd)

From: P Louissaint <totalcapital@email.com>

This is about one of te most important case of banking fraud in Haiti.

One of the reason why we keep making the same mistakes over and over, particularly in Haiti is that people are not held accountable for the crimes they commit.

I was just reading about the Baltimore-based trader suspected of defrauding Allied Irish Banks of $750 million. I immediately thought of Gerard Dumont who owned a "Mini Bank" in Haiti called "Bureau de Change Gerard Dumont" which closed suddenly in the late eighties.

He disappeared with millions dollars of poor haitian after attracted them with very high interest rate scam. The guy disappeared with millions. With the unstable political situation he has virtually been  forgotten. He had very few dollars from rich haitians and as you know the voice of the poor is often not loud enough to be heard.

Did they do an investigation ? Is the case closed or open ? Have they tried to find him ? Have they asked his son, Gilbert Dumont who has a radio show on Radio Metropole, about his father's whereabouts ?

I am curious to know whatever happened to him just in case anyone knows...

Paul
--

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a