a921: Re: a913: White/God/Self-esteem (fwd)

From: mpierr04@fiu.edu

> Greetings Nekita,
Thank you so much for your comments about Haitians and White god. I am a Rastafarian and I believe that Haile Selassie I and his wife are my makers on earth. I am so  thankful for how they have blessed me. Anyway, I am very concerned when I see white god pictures in black folks' homes, especially Haitians. I continually wonder how that affects their sense of self. I believe that most black folks have an inferiority complex which we can see in the need to perm and straighten or texturize. The Michael Jackson syndrome and it goes on. Many believe that success means the lightening of the race for the future. Hence when they achieve middle class status they mary white or near white. It's pathetic. And as far as Haitians are concerned it's unsettling how color and low sense of self worth continues to affect us. I pray that someday soon we get it together spiritually and in every other way.
Best regards,