a947: Re: a917 about Robert Benodin and Charles Arthur (fwd)

From: JJEANPIERRE1@aol.com

>From Charles Arthur post a917
In his eagerness to spread negative news about the current situation in
Haiti, Robert Benodin seizes upon the lead story in the BBC Monitoring Unit's
translation of  "Highlights of Signal FM Radio news 1230 gmt 22 Feb 02". He
thus heads his forwarded email to the Corbett list: "Haiti is portrayed as a
country where freedom and human rights are violated the most."

Thanks Charles. I strongly believe that, apart from some genuine criticisms
that are to be deservingly lobbed at times at Aristide and his party, some
folks would love to see the expiration of Haiti so they could make a point.
A point that is usually rooted on their personal interests.  Not Haiti's and
its myriad poor souls about whom those people could not care less.  At least
the so-called "Friends of Haiti" want to help us manage those "crises" for
another century.
Most of those guys were all but mum under the string of dictators ravaging
Haiti. 1990.  Eureka! They have suddenly discovered the joy of "democracy"
(whatever that means). They are now demanding that 200 years of class
exploitation, 200 years of enabling thieves, 200 years of raping the country
should be erased overnight.
If you guys really love Haiti, stop working for its fall simply because you
hate the guy in power.  Touse janm pantanlon'w  (pull up your Armani pants)
and do some honest work for once. Stop considering Haiti as a place where
you, your family and your friends are entitled to have  Ti Joe work on your
plantation for a couple of bucks a day (forget the fact you're not paying a
dime in taxes) while you are not contributing an iota to the future of the
country. If not, why most of you (you know who you are) have always have most
of your wealth stashed in banks outside Haiti?
By not contributing your fair share, you have abdicated your rights to
criticize those running the place today.
Let's begin by depoliticizing everything in the place.  That might help us
built real state institutions and not government "boites" boxes.
We Haitians love politics, but are terrible at it.  We believe that
compromising with the adversary is a display of weakness.
If we disagree about one bloody thing with the brother, nothing he does
matters.
We all think we're qualified to become president (that is so much "respect"
we have for our own). I bet in those private conversations, everyone in the
Convergence aspires at becoming "le chef d'etat" so the palace orchestra
could play "au chant" for him.
Too bad we did not learned a damn thing from the Patrice Lumunba experience.
We continue the course, I bet in less than a decade we become Somalia.  Then
today will be called the "golden era of Haiti".
jean jean-pierre