a945: Bahamian attitudes towards Haitians (fwd)

From: Daniel Schweissing <dan_schweissing@hotmail.com>

Tommorrow Bahamians will vote in a referendum to approve/not approve five
proposed ammendments to the Bahamian constitution.  Amongst other things,
some of these ammendments attempt to correct the inequities that currently
exist for foreign born spouses and children of Bahamian citizens.

The following is an excerpt from a letter to the editior of the Nassau
Guardian regarding the referendum which illustrates the xenophobia on the
part of some Bahamians towards Haitian immigrants.

The complete editorial is available at:
http://www.bahamainfo.com/news_display.php?prid=4353&src=nassau