a971: Re: a839: Pact with Satan (Saint-Vil ) (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Dear all,

Obviously, I have little time or patience to send a hypocritically-correct
reponse to the arrogant posters who suggest that my forefathers signed a
pact with a mythical creature which superstitious Christians call «Satan».

Here are the facts: Upon delivering millions of Afrikans from the very real
and hellish conditions of slavery, my forefathers wrote a constitution in
which they declared the following:

«We, H. Christophe, Clerveaux, Vernet, Gabart, Petion, Geffard, Toussaint,
Brave, Raphael, Roamin, Lalondridie, Capoix, Magny, Daut, Conge, Magloire,
Ambrose, Yayou, Jean Louis Franchois, Gerin, Mereau, Fervu, Bavelais,
Martial Besse…

As well in our name as in that of the people of Hayti, who have legally
constituted us faithfully organs and interpreters of their will, IN PRESENCE
OF THE SUPREME BEING, before whom all mankind are equal, and who has
scattered so many species of creatures on the surface of the earth for the
purpose of manifesting his glory and his power by the diversity of his
works, in the presence of all nature by whom we have been so unjustly and
for so long a time considered as outcast children.

Do declare that the tenor of the present constitution is the free
spontaneous and invariable expression of our hearts, and the general will of
our constituents, and we submit it to the sanction of H.M. the Emperor
Jacques Dessalines our deliverer, to receive its speedy and entire
execution.

Preliminary Declaration.

Art. 1. The people inhabiting the island formerly called St. Domingo, hereby
agree to form themselves into a free state sovereign and independent of any
other power in the universe, under the name of empire of Hayti.

2. Slavery is forever abolished.»

etc...

See: CONSTITUTION OF HAYTI
http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/history/earlyhaiti/1805-const.htm

Does this sound like a Pact with Satan to you'all?

Therefore:

There is no need to pray to a racist god of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Columbus
and Napoleon Bonaparte to ask forgiveness for Haiti and her children.

Instead, Haiti should set up a special Atonnement Park, whereby the
descendants of John Newton, John Calvin and other Bible-carrying murderers
should come and pray for God's forgiveness of their forefathers crimes.

Someone wrote: «Haiti is not in  trouble because of a pact with satan or any
Vodou demon or anything else». Damn right!!!

The same person added: « besides the fact she needs a  hand up instead of a
hand out. Just like the street People...»

I understand the reason for the comparison and most Haitians, myself
included, would gladly forgive this well-meaning but confused Christian.
However, Haiti neither needs a hand up or a hand out from her
morally-bancrupt bad neighbours. What she needs is to have ALL DIRTY HANDS
OFF of her business!

Most Christians don't realise that for hundreds of years, good American
Christians stood hand in hand, cold-faced, even smiling and singing «how
sweet the name of Jesus» while watching innocent black men, women, children
being lynched....in the name of their blood-thirsty god. Now, such
morally-bancrupt folks have the nerve to be preaching to Haitians. What
audacity!!!!!

Will Boukmann's God of truth and freedom forgive them although they know
what they are still doing?

Jafrikayiti
«You can fool some people some times but you can't fool all the people all
the times» Saint Bob Marley