a975: Re: Source of online images needed (a949) (fwd)

From: amedard@gte.net

I have had several followup inquiries relating to the reason for my request for online
sources of images that relate to socio-cultural aspects of Haiti/Haitians.  My
presentation is a required presentation for a Master of Science level Nurse Practitioner
class relating to transcultural nursing.  (A short explanation of transcultural nursing
<http://www.culturediversity.org/basic.htm>.)  My presentation is not at all intended for
political purposes, but rather to examine socio-cultural aspects that may impact or at
least relate in some aspect to nursing care of the Haitian population.  The presentation
will be based on Leininger's Cultural Care Theory, and Giger & Davidhizer's Transcultural
Model.  As far as funding, being that I am a grad student and only doing this for a
required class presentation, I'm afraid I do not have significant funding sources.
Understandably, images that represent health dangers from physical injury, mental trauma
and also represent why there is a risk of becoming numb or used to violent acts, are very
pertinent to emergency, psychiatric, pediatric, and even practically all other nursing
domains.