a1118: Re: a1114: The Big Question (fwd)

From: P Louissaint <totalcapital@email.com>

Dear Julie Hoover:

This is great that you can see positive sides of Aristide's government. I am sure he has done positive things in his second term. However, I would not quote Michelle Karshan who is a paid employee of the Lavalas propaganda machine. I have nothing against Michelle Karshan and I respect her right to work as a professional writer.

On the other side, I would find very stange that most of those who were fighting with Aristide for a better Haiti are now part of the opposition. On the other hand, many known makoutes have found their way to power in the new Fanmi Lavalas. I think that once again, the people has lost his man. In my naive eyes, Aristide has now been corrupted by politics and is not different from the others.
I would have been less critical of Aristide's government if there were positive results. He can not and should not blame his failure on the international community. Haiti is a country and properly collected taxes could be used to make visible changes in the country.

Instead, Aristide and his new makoute team is just doing like previous governments: getting richer and richer while paying lip service to the community.

I have a big question as well: Where did Aristide, a priest, get money to build his private house in Tabarre or everything else he owns ? Aristide has used his private foundation for personal enrichment. Now, he is using public finances like his own pocket money. Just visit the site http://aristidefoundation.haiti.org/ and you will see the website of the Aristide Foundation hosted by the Haitian Embassy website. Why do you have a problem when Clinton or Bush use Air Force One for private purpose ? One should not be blind...
 For me, the "good" is that Aristide, Yvon Nepture, and at least a few

--

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Email.com
http://www.email.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html