a1146: Re: a1144: Clinton for premier ministre (fwd)

From: MIT2Haiti@aol.com

<< Since Naturalized US Citizens seem to be authorized to fill posts in the
Haitian Administration, I would like to suggest that the president of Haiti
go for a bold move and asks Bill Clinton to fill the post of Premier
Ministre.  >>

Come on! This is disgusting. This is not dialogue. This is grandstanding.

There is a great difference between a person born in Haiti of Haitian parents
who has then become a naturalized U.S. citizen (if such is truly the case in
the current Neptune situation; from what I can see, that is still not beyond
the scope of ongoing debate) and moving beyond that still-unsubstantiated
baseline to suggest that a person with no Haitian ancestry who has never so
much as visited Haiti should fill the Post of Haiti's Prime Minister.

When are we going to get real here?

Bob has begged us to consider from time to time the more positive aspects of
Haitian culture.

This "BS which can lead nowhere" is not exactly one of Haiti's most
attractive faces.

Marilyn Mason

P.O. Box 181015
Boston, Massachusetts 02118 USA