a1199: Subject Matter of Corbett List Posts (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

It seems to me that posts regarding the subject matter of posts are kind of
silly.  It is obvious to me that the majority of posts being political in
nature is the result of the overwhelming political mess Haiti is in at this
time.  The dynamics of a listserv such as this one are fluid and natural and
cannot be artificially directed, though one may try!  If members want to talk
about music, art and food, they are free to post.  Some of my favorite posts
are from recent visitors who write delightful accounts of their trips.  Let
me thank them all at this time.  I would love to hear recipes for Haitian
dishes if someone wants to post them from time to time.  However, there are
websites that do this and I am not dying to talk about it here.  Instead of
bemoaning the state of the Corbett List, why not post something in the
subject area that you wish to see discussed?  If others are interested, you
will have started a thread.  If not, then it will fade away as many threads
do.  I would love the Corbett List to be nothing but lovely, happy posts of
how wonderful things are in Haiti and what wonderful things come out of Haiti
to touch all our lives.  My husband is a Haitian artist and we sell his work
for our living.......I could tell you all about his work and how he touches
peoples lives, but it is not what weighs on my mind.  When Haiti is on her
path and is stable and not worried if there will be an invasion, not worried
about coups, inflation, illness and unemployment, then I suspect the majority
of posts will be celebratory and not "petty bickering" as some feel it is
now.

Until that time, post what you wish, what weighs on your mind or what makes
you feel good.  That is how it works....some threads live long lives and some
die a quick, painless death.  No amount of chiding will change that.  C'est
la vie...and whatever you do, post.

Kathy Dorce~