a1205: Time for new and fresher ideas (fwd)

From: KawolinA@aol.com

One problem that plague Haiti and Haitians (inside Haitians and Diasporans)
is that each and every one of us wants to be viewed as a political expert on
Haiti.  Furthermore, it seems that "we" all have political ambitions:
presidential; senatorial; and so on. We want to govern something.  Yet, it is
rare --almost inexistent--to find one of us with a real plan of action or
social plan for the country or even one ministry.  If these plans have been
articulated or written, they have quickly been shelved and gathering dust
somewhere. Never implemented.  Yes, there is also the problem that the status
quo (the chaos) can be beneficial to those who have political and/or economic
power.   It is a mistake for all of us to drown ourselves in the political
quagmire, "the bickering" as it has been called by some postees.
The Corbett list is a public forum.  It would help all of us if some
practical, nonpolitical suggestions, ideas and plans were debated and posted.
Perhaps, they would fall on ears that have decision making power.  And we
could sit back and watch our ideas taking form.  Then again this requires
that we become selfless and simply want to see our beloved land rise from its
ashes.  There is one instance, where a Haitian went back to her native
village and organize/educate and help the fishermen with equipements etc. Now
they understand their market better, agree in price setting etc.   This can
be duplicated and is empowering.  Think and post some things that others can
duplicate.  Talk about ideas tha can help some brothers and sisters back
home, and would not require Aristide and the Convergence to sleep in the same
bed in order to achieve them.  And they too, shall come to pass...