a1212: Plantations

From: Jerry Blondell <jerryblondell@netzero.net>

    I have learned that my ancestors owned two plantations in Haiti
which was at the time they owned them the French colony of Saint
Domingue.  I have learned that one plantation was near the coast by
Caracol and the other was very near Jeremie.  I understand they were
both known as the "Blondel Plantation."  Is there any way I could find
the exact loaction or "address" of these ancient plantations?  I would
like to visit this area at some point in the future.   I would also like
to find any documents, etc. . . that may be in Haitian archives
concerning these plantations, do you have any advice for me in regard to
that possible query and how and where to submit it?

Sincerely,

Jerry Blondel