a1221: Spelling of Haiti (fwd)

From: Robert Lawless <robert.lawless@wichita.edu>

The answer is quite simple – for those who want to communicate. If you are
writing in English the word is Haiti; if you are writing in Creole, the
word is Ayiti; if you are writing in French, the word is HaVti (I’m not
sure the diacritical marking will come across the Internet, but you all
know what I mean). If you are writing about various countries in English,
you do not use the words Deutschland, Hapon, or Sverige – unless you don’t
care about communicating.