a1231: RE: a1206: Re: a1182: What if? (fwd) + Traveling in Haiti (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

What a wonderful idea to start an ongoing list of restaurants, hotels,
bathroom stops, etc. in Haiti!  I remember a few months back that Bob was
in the process of updating his online listing of hotels, guesthouses,
etc.--but this idea sounds more extended.

To start the listing, but not very specifically, I know that there is a
service station not far from the airport which has really good fast lunches
and cold drinks (excellent "fresko"-or is it "freska"?--anyway, slushes by
any other name--bottled water, soft drinks, etc.  They have delicious and
really generously-sized sandwiches as well as several choices of more
traditionally Haitian fare--rice and beans with sauce, etc. You can eat in
or take out.  It's air-conditioned, if I remember correctly. Very clean and
bright.  Don't know about bathrooms--didn't need one at the time, so I
didn't pay attention!  I wish that I could remember the name and be more
specific about the location--perhaps someone else on the list can fill in
the details.  (When we ate there I recognized several of the MAF crew and
their families--if any of them are still on the list, perhaps they can help
out here with additional info.)