a1242: The Neptune Perjury charges: A plea for evidence or civic restraint (fwd)

From: GUY S ANTOINE <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

In a note (a1217) dated March 13, 2002 Paul Louissaint wrote to the List:

"Will journalists investigate the matter ? Probably not. They are busy
trying to get into the BONNES GRACES of the next PREMIER. I know
that a Haitian Times official is on that list. Maybe he could investigate the
question for us and give us an impartial report. The question to answer:
WAS MR NEPTUNE AT SOME POINT A US CITIZEN ?"

Yet, from a preceding note (a1138) dated March 9, 2002, four days
earlier, I excerpt this paragraph from a profile by Radio Soleil d'Haiti,
Brooklyn, New York:

<<Contrary to press reports, Yvon Neptune has never renounced his Haitian
citizenship.  In fact, according to a U.S. State Department  Passport Duty
Officer contacted by the station, the passport number published in some
Haitian newspapers 035349148 belongs to a US born citizen who has long
passed on.">>

What comes to mind is this: Did Mr. Louissaint "miss" this or "dismiss" it?
If the latter, he could perhaps tell us why.  Granted, this info did not come
from the "Haitian Times official" as you requested.  Would any other source
be acceptable?