a1258: Re: a1242: The Neptune Perjury charges: A plea for evidence or civic restraint (fwd)

From: P Louissaint <totalcapital@email.com>

Mr Antoine, and all concerned list members:

It is a duty for each one of us, Haitians or friend of Haiti, to speak his mind about the topic.

Mr Neptune can and should make a public and official declaration about his current and, if applicable, other citizenship.

This is not new for an official to have a non-haitian citizenship. Patrick Elie is Canadian but was a nominated official of one of Aristide's governments.

I am not attacking Mr Neptune. I do not know him. I am just standing up against making "EXCEPTIONS" in the application of the Constitution. One thing I learned quicly in the US was to work as hard as I can because, as one of my mentors used to tell me: "NO EXCUSES". In Haiti, there is a long tradition of excuses that MAYBE make it a charming country but SURELY is responsible for the failure of the Haitian Society as a group.

The Constitution may need to be amended, maybe. In the Constitution itself, the way to do so has been provided. In the meantime its full application must be encouraged by all.

Regards,

Paul