a1301: a1299: Re: a1201: Re: a1180: Re: Travel safety (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>

I agree with this comment.   I was surprised to see Iron Market on the list.   Typically, that's one of the best tourist spots to go, if you don't mind being hounded to death by English speaking artisans.    I went there on my last trip in February and didn't experience any issues or concerns.   The lady who took me there says she takes groups there every month or so.    So, I assumed it was okay.   She wasn't offering to take me to Cite Soleil, so I wouldn't put the two in the same ballpark.

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti
www.healinghandsforhaiti.org