DONT MISS THIS ART SHOW in Long Island, NY

From: Amy L Cornish <lueen3@juno.com>

At P.S.1. Contemporary Art Center in Long Island City New York. The show
is called "The Short Centruy: Independence and Liberation Movements in
Africa, 1945-1994" This is an excellent collection of photography, video,
music, litterature etc.  There are stories of Lumumba, Mandela and the
many others that play an important part in history.  I would suggest that
you give yourself plenty of time to take in the four floors of works.
There is a large number of video works/ documentaries-that you will want
to spend some time viewing.   You have until May 5-but it is so
interesting-you may want to make several visits. I have no affiliation
with the gallery-but here is their info!

Amy Cornish

P.S.1 22-25 Jackson Ave
Long Island City NY 11101
718-482-9454
www.ps1.org
call ahead as they have unusual hours
off the seven metro-at the Court St. stop