=?x-unknown?q?a1367=3A__=5Biso-2022-jp=5D_Congratulations=1B$B!!=1B?==?x-unknown?q?=28Bfrom=1B$B!!=1B=28BJapan_=28fwd=29?=

From: Mihoko Tsunetomi <miho0087@tctv.ne.jp>

H. E. Mr. Paul Duret
Minister of Planning and External Cooperation
Palais des Ministeres, Champ de Mars, Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Dear Minister,
We wish to congratulate on your new assignment as Minister of Planning and
External Cooperation.  We wish to recall on this occasion many years of
close cooperation having been extended to us from H. E. Mr. Marcel Duret,
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Haiti to Japan.
Please accept, Your Excellency, the renewed assurances of our highest
consideration.

Kabun MUTOH, The President of Japan$B!G(Bs Parliamentary League for Friendship
between Japan and Haiti, Member of The House of Representatives.
Kiyoshi IMAI, The Secretary General of Japan$B!G(Bs Parliamentary League for
Friendship between Japan and Haiti, Member of The House of Councillors.
Mitsuru SAKURAI, The Vice Secretary General of Japan$B!G(Bs Parliamentary League
for Friendship between Japan and Haiti, Member of The House of Councillors

Joining are the following members to celebrate.

We, deeply committed and have worked in cooperation with your Embassy here,
wish to extend our hearty congratulations to the inauguration of M. Paul
Duret as the Minister of Planning and External Cooperation. Particularly, as
we know the amazing energy and competance of your Ambassador here, Marcel
Duret, to have successfully ridden over the most difficult time before and
after the return of democracy around 1994, our expectation is great towards
the new-born couple of the Minister and the Ambassador.
We have had the pleasure of your visit$B#s(B to Japan three times in the past,
and our memory is still vivid especially with your first visit in 1992
together with the assassinated Father Jean-Marie Vincent. Our personal
contacts with you have deeply impressed us with your bright, joyous
character just as your brother has.
As those who know the present situation of Haiti, we are convinced that you
are the indispensable person to bring about the better Haiti, to improve the
living conditions of
the people toward the coming Bicentennial.
So far, the relation between Japan and Haiti has not been very close because
of historical, geographical reasons, but nothing is more pleasing if with
the efforts of the excellent Minister and the competent Ambassador as a
catalyst to link the both countries which have unique cultures and
traditions, we can rapidly enhance our relations in the future. As you know
well, Japan has also risen up from the ashes of the World War$B-6(B, and has
experienced poverty and misery. If we could join hands and share the common
experience, learn from each other, the fruit must be most tasty.
We, private groups committed to Haiti, once again extend our very best
wishes to Minister Paul Duret, and expect that your good work will put the
emphasis on the poor people, toward the normalization of the relations with
the international community, particularly to materialize the much-awaited
release of the aid funds.

Signatories
     Representative                          Activity

Chise ARIZUMI$B!!(B  Haiti$B!!(BInformation$B!!(BNetwork
Eiko NAKANO            Society of Haiti
Haruyasu KATO$B!!!!!!!!(B Professor,$B!!(BYokohama$B!!(BCity$B!!(BUniversity
Junya TATENO$B!!!!!!(B Writer,$B!!(BKikkasha$B!!(BPublishing$B!!(BCo.
Kunio TSUNEKAWA$B!!!!(B Professor,$B!!(BHitotsubashi$B!!(BUniversity
Masaru$B!!(B KATAOKA$B!!!!(B Press$B!!(BAlternative
Matsuko   KUDO                   Society of Haiti in Kitakyushu
Michiru NISHIDA$B!!!!!!(B Government$B!!(BOfficer
Mihoko TSUNETOMI Haiti Information Network
                                        Kenbe-la, Paul !
Misato ITO                     International Women's Club
Nozomu ICHIYAMA        Ichiyama Family
Sachie MONMA          Gospel Family
Sachiko HONGO               Sr, Catharina Hongo, mic.
Sachiko OZAWA$B!!!!!!!!!!(B Friends$B!!(Bof Haiti
Suguru MINOYA            Government  Officer
Takeshi TSUNODA       $B!!(B Haiti Information Network
Tadao HAMA  Professor, Hokkaido University of Education Sapporo
Yasuhisa ISHIKAWA       Mikawaya Ltd.
Yoshiharu ONISHI          Government  Officer
Yutaka TESHIMA  Association of Cultural Exchange Haiti-Japan