a1445: re: 1415 (fwd)

From: Lonbrit Ayisyen <lonbritayisyen@hotmail.com>

In China ?!...What point are you making here?  Are you saying, that as in
China, we should allow President Aristide to violate human rights?

Mr. Rowley, no one suggested that President Aristide or his Lavalas
government use any means adopted by China to establish civil order in Haiti.
  The issue would be better addressed, if the notion that anarchist
attitudes will not be tolerated. Free meals at the Palace, are not the way
to get this message across, in my opinion.

As for the comparison to Russia, and the downing of the "iron curtain" , no
one in their right mind expects miracles to take place.  What people do
expect, is a bit of sincere effort, with maximum of integrity.   As I stated
before: " I am not suggesting that the governments job is easy... but a
little less extravagance!"

Of course, it will take years of effort and good will to get things on the
right track in order to remove Haiti from this rut.   I believe we are in
this together.  It will take all Haitians to rebuild Haiti, and we would
appreciate all the help we can get.  What is important to keep in mind, and
was the point I hope I eventually got across ; It is time we stopped making
an issue of the diversity which exists in our society.

It will take all kinds to get us to a better Haiti.  We will need the
investment of our wealthy citizens, and the knowledge of our sagacious
elders, as the effort of our hard working labor force, and lets not forget,
the entertainment of our artists.  No one group is more important than the
other. Without the acceptance of each others' contribution to the
developement of Haiti, we will never arrive at our goal.

President Aristide has been in office for the past 13 months, and it would
be unfair to expect him to accomplish it all.  I agree.  The Lavalas party
has been in power for over one term  ( I will accept that President Aristide
  first term was not complete, nor was he in a position to run it as he saw
fit), yet there is very little to show in form of improving the conditions
in which Haitian people are living.

The governments' obligation is to encourage the production of jobs, which in
turn will promote more investment,tourism, etc.  If the people of Haiti can
hope for the funds to educate, and live in clean, healthy environments, with
the necessary basic public utilities.  It is their (the governments')
responsibility to insure that all Haitians are treated equally, and have a
right to blind justice. It is also the governments' burden to insure that
all of it's citizens are contributing to it's treasury.  All this is
obtainable, yet we spend our time bickering about : " He said, she said",
and no one gets down to the real issues.

Running Haiti is like a running a business.  The truth is Management is
doing a poor job.  The little guys (that's us) are complaining, and are
unsure of their future.   We all stand to lose our security, if we don't
start doing something about it. It will take all kinds to make it better.
You can take that to the table.

The question should have been: " What are you doing to contribute to Haiti's
growth and development?"  That would have been an impatial question.