a1450: Modernization = Privatization?? (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

The AHP report of Prime Minister Neptune's recent meetings with
CSPN and CMEP (#a1431) ends by noting:

    Two institutions have already gone through the process
    of modernization of State enterprises that was begun
    in 1996. Those two are the Flour Mills [sic] and the
    Cement Factory of Haiti.

Is this some sort of Freudian slip or is it a hint of long
overdue movement on the privatization front?

My understanding was that these were the only two State
enterprises that were, in fact, privatized.  If we are trying to
say that "privatization" equates with "going through the process
of modernization", I can think of a few other State enterprises
that are more than ready to be "modernized".

Lance Durban