a1484: Jimmy Buffett's Carribean

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

The latest issue of American Way magazine (the American Airlines give
away) has
an article on Jimmy Buffets choices for best spots in the Carribean. Under
LODGING he writes: "One of my favorite hotels in the whole Carribean is in
Haiti: the Oloffson in Port-au-Prince. From Lillian Hellman to Graham
Greene,
it has an incredible literary history. To me, its the Carribean of the
'30's."
Most of the places he mentions are in St Barts (Eden Rock), Nevis (Four
Seasons), Jamaica (Golden Eye) and the Bahamas (Pink Sands).
This tells me we still have hope.

He didn't mention the Haitian music scene which is steadily growing in
popularity.
For those of you who will be in Haiti the first of May, a big party is
being
planned by the beach in Jacmel with a bunch of bands.
Is Haiti on its way to being a tourist hub? No. But it could if it
wanted...
Richard Morse