a1503: Re: a1498: Please help me understand (fwd)

From: persevere  <persevere@infospacemail.com>

Mr. Pierre has some noteworthy questions.

Also,

       >Translation: «We are dealing here
       >with 80 hectares of land, the best
       >of Ouanaminthe for agriculture. It
       >is on those lands that you find trees,
       >or whatever is left of such in the
       >Northeast.»

I thought that one of the government's primary goals was to promote and sustain agricultural production.  How can it be that the best land for agriculture is being taken out of production?

Will these of Haiti's few remaining trees be spared, or will they be destroyed to make room for construction?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like it's all right for the government to take away land from (owned by?) the peasants, but it's not all right for other landowners to legally reclaim their own land (especially without risking being accused of acts they are not guilty of).

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from Travelocity.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/