a1504: Re: a1480: Haiti Support Group hails recent progress in the struggle against impunity. (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"Camille first gained public notoriety when, on October 2, 2000, he
attempted to necklace* the then Delmas police chief, Jacky Nau, during a
demonstration in front of the Provisional Electoral Council headquarters.
(*In Haiti, the term - to necklace - refers to killing of a political
opponent by putting a car tyre around the victim's neck and setting it
alight.)"

Whatever else Camille might be guilty of this is certainly not true. It is
yet another example of the truth being bent by a select powerful few and
then taken as the gospel truth long after the fact. How do I know, I was
there filming. I don't blame the Haiti Support Group, they are just another
victim of the listen, write and print what you can get away with gang.

kp