a1559: Re: a1546: Haitians in Cuba (fwd)

From: Gage Averill <gage.averill@nyu.edu>

Hi Elizabeth:

There's a doctoral dissertation on the Tumba Francesa by Olavo Alen, who
has also written articles about the subject (I'm sure you saw some Tumba
Francesa danced and played.   I don't have my sources with me at the
moment, but I believe he has an article in the 1994 volume Black Music of
Latin America and theCaribbean edited by Gerard Behague )Transaction Press)
and he also has an article in a volume of the journal Ethnomusicology a few
years back.

Best
Gage