a1594: the barge is G O N E...!!! (fwd)

From: Guy Bauduy <gpbauduy@yahoo.com>

Dear friends, fellow ecologists and
other supporters of the Earth.

THANK YOU. WE DID IT. As of 1300 hour today, Friday
April 5, 2002, from my terrace I watched the barge
sail A W A Y with its mountain of "déchets
polluants."
The government refused to grant the authorization to
unload the stuff.

In the end they were no "importers who were going to
use the stuff to calcine Limestone for export", and no
other "little companies starving for some cheap
alternate fuel sources". They were simply one big
attempt at a "magouille" to come and dump their
garbages on our soil, which is sufficiently soiled by
US. We may never know who was behind it all. I could
not care less, since it would not make a big
difference in the Haiti of today.  The important thing
is that we may have helped to save the bay of Jacmel
from this calamity.

Power to the People.

Guy Bauduy

P.S.  We did learn something however, and that is that
until we are embarked on a highway construction
program throughout the entire country or part of it,
where we could mixed shredded-used-tires with asphalt
to stabilize our roads, and reduce their construction
costs, that stuff will continue to be considered by us
as : G A R B A G E.