a1604: The Power of the Net (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

The Power of the Net
Folks do not underestimate the power of the net, it is
a medium where you can get valuable information. Last
year I was looking for a miracle leaf, it did not take
long to find a Haitian Doctor who believes in
conventional medicine to recommend “Fey Lougaroup”.
Today, we are in a process in creating a Haitian
Community Relation in Atlanta (HCR), in that process
we are planning to do something on May 18 it was
impossible to find a book related to the Haitian Flag
or history in Atlanta. Well, I use Coberttland which
has thousand of subscribers, again it did not take
long to get result. at this moment 14:00 hrs Canada,
NY and Atlanta time,  I have in my hands “Pour le
Drapeau” contribution A la recherche sur les couleurs
Haitiennes, written by Claude B. Auguste and Marcel B.
Auguste. Let me take this opportunity to give this
fellow a boost According Mr. Marcel B. Auguste he has
these two manuals: 1) La Republique d’Haiti et la 2eme
Guerre; 2) Si Bas-Peu-de chose     if you like to
order you can get in touch with his nephew Jean-Robert
B. Auguste via this email address  JRAuguste1@aol.com.
I have the author’s card with his house address, but I
don’t think it is cool to put it on the net.
As you know most of you are getting ready to
commemorate May 18, 1803 – May 18, 2003, then 6 months
later Nov 18, 1803 –2003 and also the D day Jan 1st,
1804- Jan 1st 2004 you should get manuals related to
the Flag such as “Pour le Drapeau” and so on.
the net has open a new frontier, a new horizon use it
wisely.
NB: a few weeks ago, I saw a message about some
writers who are looking for philanthropist ( mean
people to support them). once you do that, you are not
free to write what’s in your mind since you don’t want
to be at odd with the person who is funding you. For
those of you who are unknown or with a limited income,
use the net to publish your work, if people like it,
they will buy directly from you, which should be
cheaper since you don’t have to pay the middleman. Get
real, You are unknown, which publisher who is going to
gamble on you? You are lucky you have a medium that no
one can control.

If anyone has info about other authors who had
published anything related to the Flag, please let us
know. if you have also some articles related to the
Flag, just scan and send. if you know any Haitian
Historian living in metro Atlanta, give us a buzz.
Thanks in advance.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081