a1624: Re: a1622: Charles Arthur: Haiti: A Guide to the People, Politcs and Culture -- comments by Bob Corbett (fwd)

From: Amy L Cornish <lueen3@juno.com>

Like Bob Corbett, I also just finished reading "In Focus, Haiti: A Guide
to the People, Politics and Culture"-It even has a fold out map with
scale and key and color-but seriously, it is well done for a small book-I
appreciated the inclusion of the discussion of soccer as well as mention
of music such as Sweet Micky, Boukman, RAM etc. It reminded me of some
basic concepts and realities that can at times escape the more esoteric
interests.
Amy Cornish