a1638: Re: a1626: Cover art for Haitian novel needed (fwd)

From: Paulette Smith <psmith@emerald.tufts.edu>

I am so pleased to learn that Paulette Poujol's Oriol work is being
recognized and made available at last in "English"!

I wrote on Poujol's work and have been in warm exchange and conversation
with her.
Indeed if I had know that her text was translated in English, I would have
included it my program and my class on Diversity in Francophone Women
writers" in France this summer!
 (I was told that  the Le Creuset's translation was abandoned).

I remember how moved she was by my inclusion and interpretation of her
work and recognition of her contribution  during a HSA Conference a few
years ago...

(My presentation was about the Metaphore of the Mapou, the yearning for
roots... in a crisis of (deracinement) and deforestation.

If you are still looking, please let me know and I could suggest one of
the best illustration of "mapou" tree among our very  rich "naive"
paintings...
I also distributed photos of  Murat Briere's "La tentation" and "Metisse"
-metal sculptures-  which evoke and illustrate some of the themes in her
work, which she really liked.

Paulette Anne Smith, Ph.D.
Tufts University