a1654: HCR in Atlanta (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Good Morning,
We are moving closer to the D-Day (18 Mai)  we are
going to speed up the process. We will take this
opportunity to launch HCR. We have seen various
organizations throughout the world; we will create for
the first time in our history a structural
organization base on principles of democracy, respect
and result. It is impossible for anyone to even think
about dictating a bunch of professionals, at this
stage we can only collaborate, which is new in our
culture.
Somebody has to start something, but the fact that you
had started it does not mean you have to lead it. No
and no. Each of you know your strength, each of you
know your strong point. We will create a strong
Haitian Community in the Metro base on ability and
capacity. as you know, le mot ?Toutist? n?existe pas.
HCR is forming while still at the formative stage we
will organize some events.
We expect to put in place an administrative committee,
which will not have a President but a 21 members
council. There is a reason for that.
Most of you have lived in various areas in the world
before coming here (Atlanta), so you understand the
system.
At this present moment, we need people, we need
thinkers, we need people who can see the future, we
need people who come to establish in this community.
We must put a structure in place that will allow HCR
to survive whether keys members are moved or
relocated. Most of you are involved to a certain
degree in some structure organizations in your
workplace.   it could have been a great idea to bring
these skills in this new organization.
Each of you, do not underestimate your ability, you
can make history my friend, and you live in a country
that gives you that opportunity. In the next 15 to 20
years, you children will thank you for all the
benefits they will enjoy in metro Atlanta. Other
immigrants had done it we can do it also.
Those of you who had just relocated over here, oh say
you got here today we would like to here from you or
you are welcome to start something that can raise the
Haitian spirit to a higher level.
My friends, at this particular moment, we don?t have
an organized Haitian community that can represent
Haitians in Atlanta. This is a fact. We may choose to
deny it or not, but it does not exist.
Now we can create one. Whether you are Protestant,
Catholic, Adventist, Jehovah witness and so on, we can
go above religion and faith and get together for the
common good. We are Haitians, Haitian-American,
Haitians descents or Friends of Haiti. As immigrants,
we will make sure that we remain a peaceful neighbor,
we will establish good tie with other ethnic groups
who live in this community.
At this present moment, there is no bashing of our
name in metro Atlanta, we want it to remain like that
and we should work hard to present the beauty of our
culture and what our ancestors had done for this
country.
Again my friends, I urge you to get together to do
something for the Haitian Community in Atlanta.
Everyone is welcome. NB: At this present moment we use
the net to communicate.
NB: if you know anyone who lives in metro Atlanta or
GA and interested in seeing a structure Haitian
Community in the metro, give us a buzz.
HAITIAN_ATL@yahoo.com   don?t forget May 18

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334