a1682: Iin the fight against illeteracy among the children of Haiti: Bridgeport, CT concert

From: J Jolie <princessjolie25@hotmail.com>

THE GROUP "ZIN", IN BRIDGEPORT, CT / SATURDAY APRIL 20, 2002

WHAT - On behalf of Haiti Lumière de Demain, a non profit organization,
Konpadirek Entertainment, LLC & Haitian Television Network are hosting a
fund raising gala where a portion of the proceeds will go towards Haiti
Lumière de Demain's program against illiteracy.

WHEN - Saturday, April 20, 2002 from 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM

ENTERTAINEMENT - The group Zin

ADMISSION: $20 in advance / $25@ the door

WHERE- Italian Center (Fitness 4000), located at 4000 Park Avenue,
Bridgeport CT

WHY - To fight illiteracy among the children of Haiti

FACTS - Did you know that three out of four Haitians currently live in
poverty? Infant mortality is 97 deaths per 1000 births and average life
expectancy for those residing in Haiti is 54? One of the major factors of
these problems is due to lack of basic education. More than three fourths of
the population cannot read or write. This increases the tolerance for
political corruption, hinders development, and sustains a culture of
dependency.

GOALS:
1. Provide textbooks on a lending basis to many children
2. Establish lending libraries for primary school children.
3. Encourage further education by awarding scholarships to students
attending second school
4. Implement an after-school program to encourage learning beyond the
classroom.
5. Work in partnership with other non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to
provide in-service teacher training.

WHO - Haiti Lumière de Demain is a not-for-profit, non-governmental,
educational organization committed to promoting education and fight against
illiteracy among the children of Haiti. Founded in 1998 by Haitian native
Louisner Elneus, Haiti Lumière de Demain is recognized by the State of
Connecticut and the Government as a non-profit organization for the past
three years.

KONPADIREK.COM's main goal is to amplify the cultural horizons of others. As
an organization we feel that it is imperative to remain true to our
communities and to build on personal and professional relationships to
achieve our social responsibilities. KONPADIREK.COM is a voice of our
culture, the echo of the uniqueness of our people on the web.

TICKETS
www.konpadirek.com - 203-807-0884 (Norwalk)
HTN - 203-952-4207 Jeany - 203-866-7822 (Norwalk)
Ronald - 203-952-8169 (Stamford)
American/Carribbean Grocery Store - 161 West Cedar Street - 203-852-0690
(Norwalk)
Nene Photograph - 910 Washington Blvd / 203-359-9137(Stamford)
Andria's - 178 Myrtle Avenue / 203-708-9931 (Stamford)
3 Kings - 823 Maple Wood / 203/367-5912 (Bridgeport)
Haiti Lumiere - 207 Dewey Street - 203/375-0848 (Stratford)
DIRECTIONS:

>From NY - Hutchinson Pkwy North, keep left at the fork, merge onto
Hutchinson River Pkway N, it becomes CT-15 N (Merrit Parkway). Exit 47 -
Turn left onto Park Ave. (Follow Signs to Sacred Heart University)

>From Norwalk/Stamford - Merrit Parkway exit 47 turn left onto Park Avenue,
follow sign "Sacred Heart University".

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US:

Info@konpadirek.com

203-807-0884 / 203-952-4207 / 917-913-2886