a1698: Re: a1693: Haitian human rights advocates, opposition, protest re-arrest of former military (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"Human rights advocates blame the former dictator for rights violations
during his 18-month military rule, but not that at Piate, and they have
denounced the current government for keeping him in prison illegally.

"Arbitrary and illegal, and politically motivated, it stirs up all our
bad memories of past dictatorships," said Viles Alizar, program director of
the Haitian Coalition for Human Rights".

Now let's just hypothetically say that a right-wing government were in power
in Haiti today. Would these same human rights organizations be equally as
vocal IF Proper Avril were freed? Food for thought given that I don't even
know who the heck the Haitian Coalition for Human Rights is anyway. Never
heard of Viles Alizar either...guarantee I will search a few a answers
before long.

Best,

kp