a1714: Re: a1703: THE GREENING OF AYITI (fwd)

From: Jean-Claude CASIMIR <jccasimir@hotmail.com>

Dear Corbetre and the Haitian mailing list
It is a nice story. Nice project also. Necessarily limited however. What will happen when Brother Armand dies. What will happen when products have to go to the market and the roads are in bad shape or inexistent. What kind of a country will be Haiti when each idealistic individual with their own religious denomination will decide to implement a project of their own. Are we going to have projects to provide public services such as gasoline that we cannot produce in the country, public security. Can voluntarism take care of government. I have serious doubt on the future of generalized voluntarism to solve our national problems. Too often more than solving Haitian problems our volunteers work for the triumph of their ideology (religion, communism, foreign domination etc.) When they were saying that Africa started on the wrong foot. They were referring to the fact that they had sent the medical doctor and the nurse before the agronomist allowing the people to live longer while no provision was made to insure that people could feed themselves. We have to learn to face the national problems of our country on a national level not with a piecemeal approach.Our country has been too often creating extreme situation such as a mass of illiterates while a small group could reach to such a point of literacy that the envoy to the Vatican could fluently speak Latin to the Pope.  Jean-Claude C.